We are excited to let you know that the Earth Institute is offering the following upcoming courses online as part of the Earth Institute’s Executive Education Program in Conservation and Environmental Sustainability:
Upcoming Distance Learning Certificate Courses – Fall 2015
Module 1: September – October
- Environmental Economics (begins Sept. 8)
- Environmental Markets: The Nexus of Business, Regulation, & Sustainability (Sept. 21)
Module 2: October – November
- Systems Thinking to Facilitate a Regenerative Economy (begins Oct. 13)
- Introduction to Ecology (Oct. 14)
Module 3: November – December
- Diversity & Conservation (begins Nov. 12)
- Ecology of Emerging Diseases (Nov. 23)
The virtual classroom offers the same quality of teaching and academic support services available on Columbia University’s main campus. The Earth Institute’s integration of online, web-based learning with proven education methodologies enhances student-to-student and faculty-to-student communication and accommodates flexible learning:
- Listen to and participate in interactive lectures and view PowerPoint presentations in real-time.
- Immerse yourself in the classroom via a HD webcam.
- Access course materials anytime on your own schedule.
- Easy-to-use web interface with 24/7 technical support.
- Courses meet once a week in the evenings and run for five weeks.
- Provides an official transcript from Columbia University.
Online courses are also available for students to attend in-person.
Interested in learning more? Contact Desmond Beirne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-854-0149.