We are excited to let you know that The Earth Institute Center for Environmental Sustainability is offering the following upcoming Fall Semester 2017 courses via distance learning as part of the Executive Education Program:
Fall 2017 Executive Education Distance Learning Courses:
Courses with a caret (^) fall within the Sustainable Food Systems Track
MODULE 1: September to October
- New! Climate Change: Dynamics, Drivers, and Decisions (Sept. 11, 18, 25, Oct. 2, 9)
- Environmental Economics (Sept. 5, 12, 19, 26, Oct. 3)
MODULE 2: October to November
- Systems Thinking to Facilitate a Regenerative Economy (Oct. 16, 23, 30, Nov. 6, 13)
- Ecology of Emerging Diseases (Oct. 18, 25, Nov. 1, 8)
- Agricultural Economics^ (Oct. 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9)
MODULE 3: November to December
- The World on Your Plate: Food, Equity, and Sustainability^ (Nov. 20, 27, Dec. 4, 11, 18)
- New! Ecosystem Services (Nov. 21, 28, Dec. 5, 12, 19)
- Diversity and Conservation (Nov. 16, 30 Dec. 7, 14, 21)
The virtual classroom offers the same quality of teaching and academic support services available on Columbia University’s main campus. The Earth Institute’s integration of online, web-based learning with proven education methodologies enhances student-to-student and faculty-to-student communication and accommodates flexible learning:
- Listen to and participate in interactive lectures and view PowerPoint presentations in real-time.
- Immerse yourself in the classroom via a HD webcam.
- Access course materials anytime on your own schedule.
- Easy-to-use web interface with 24/7 technical support.
- Courses meet once a week in the evenings and run for five weeks.
- Provides an official transcript from Columbia University.
Online courses are also available for students to attend in-person.
“This program thus far has been intellectually stimulating, and attending the classes are the highlight of my week. The professors are engaging and infectious in their passion for the subject matter, which makes the lectures a pleasure to attend.”
Interested in learning more? Contact EICES at email@example.com.