Apply for SEE-U Here
Applications open until June 15 for Jordan and NYC programs.
In addition to the SEE-U application, you must submit the following:
- An unofficial copy of your transcript
- An essay of approximately 500 words describing why you have chosen to participate in the SEE-U program
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty advisor or instructor (past or present)
- A nonrefundable $25 application fee, payable online by credit card or by a US check or money order made payable to Columbia University
- GS STUDENTS ONLY: Complete the “GS Approval Form for SEE-U” and submit it to the appropriate GS study abroad advisor no later than May 1st
Please consult the Columbia University Travel Policy for all international travel requirements.
You may submit these materials with the online portal linked to above, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person* at:
Earth Institute Center for Environmental Sustainability
90 Morningside Drive
New York, NY 10027
*Please call before coming by in person
We offer rolling admissions for the SEE-U program so you may apply at any time. Applications are considered as they are received and there are a limited number of spaces available for our various field sites. Therefore, the earlier you apply the better the chance that there will be space available at the field site of your choice.
There are no prerequisites required to apply to the SEE-U program. Undergraduate students in good academic standing from all majors at all accredited colleges or universities may apply to SEE-U. Upon completion of the SEE-U program, you will receive six academic credits from Columbia University.
For Non-Columbia Students: Columbia University maintains high academic standards and it is likely that your institution will accept the credits from the SEE-U program as a fulfillment of science or laboratory requirements. You are responsible for confirming that the credits from the SEE-U program are transferable and may be applied to your own academic program. If you have any questions or if your academic advisor would like to speak with one of our faculty members please call or e-mail EICES.
For more information on applying to the SEE-U program please contact EICES at email@example.com.